Frequently Asked Questions
- The program doesn't load onto my computer.
Answer: Confirm that your
computer is IBM (not Macintosh) with operating system Windows XP or Vista.
Our program does not work on Macintosh. Sorry. If your operating system is
Windows 2000, Windows ME or Windows 98, the program may work. Some of the
functions may be slow, however, especially the Screen Saver.
Windows XP: You must be logged on as administrator to load and use the
Answer: Turn off your anti-virus software. It may not recognize
the program and will not allow it to load.
- Error 1911, "could not
register...;" missing file error, General loading Trouble
sure you are logged on as administrator
- Disable anti-virus software.
- Create a new folder on the desktop called "install."
- Go to "my computer"
and right click on the CD drive which contains the Exambusters CD.
"explore." You will see several files and folders which are on the
- Select all of these and copy to your new folder called
- Open folder and click on blue icon "setup.exe." Program should
install properly. Any error messages, click "ignore," (up to 11 times) and
the program will continue loading.
- When you have completed installation and
entered your password (CD must be in drive when entering password and
loading courses) delete the folder "install."
- The Screen Saver function
is slow or jammed.
Answer: The Screen Saver function requires a relatively
fast computer to run quickly, and for the buttons to retrieve previously
flashed images in a timely fashion. An older, slower computer will struggle
with the data changes.
- The Program will not load and you receive a
Answer: Anti-virus software loaded on your system may
prevent our program from loading. Disable the anti-virus software, reboot
and load "Exambusters." Then you may enable the anti-virus software again.
You may obtain additional information from the following link:
- Password in
- Option 1: Reboot your computer. If the "Exambusters" disk
is in the drawer, eject it from the drawer and reinsert. A window will come
up allowing you to choose "Run Exambusters." Click on that, and the program
- Option 2: You have an incomplete install. Go to the start menu,
find "Exambusters" and click uninstall. When the uninstall is complete,
reboot your computer. Turn off virus software if possible, insert the
"Exambusters" disk, and reinstall the program. Allow it to finish, there are
many files to install, and it might take a few minutes. Don't do anything
else on the computer while it's installing. When the files finish
installing, the screen will come up asking you for the password. Type it in.
- Option 3: You are not logged on as administrator. You must install the
program and log on as administrator to use the program.
- Is this site
Answer: Our website is secure. When you click "process order" the
address will change to https://secure16.activehost "Activehost" processes
our credit cards and the "https" means the next information you type in will
- Error 1401
Answer: - You need to disable “user account
control.” - In Windows Vista, the easiest way to disable user account
control is to open the control panel, and type “user account” into the
search box. - Click the link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”
- Uncheck the box “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your
computer” - After restarting your computer, you should be able to
- Error 1406 during install - “could not write value
Answer: - click “ignore” as many times as it shows up; could be
about ten times; the program will load and function normally.
- Error 1404
during uninstall - “could not delete key...”
Answer: - click “ignore” as
many times as it shows up; could be about ten times; the program will
- Program won’t let you complete an install or
Answer: to complete INSTALL
- put “Exambusters” disk into drive
- if install doesn’t auto start, go to drive which holds “Exambusters” CD in
“My Computer” and click on drive icon
- select “modify” when it asks you
what you’d like to do
- any error messages, hit “ignore”
- program will
load; click icon on desktop to start program
- enter password which came
with your CD; if you’ve lost your password, email us at email@example.com
- program is now functioning correctly
- to complete UNINSTALL
instructions above for install
- exit program
- from start menu select
“Exambusters” folder and “uninstall”
- hit ignore with error messages
message that the program has uninstalled may be hidden behind top window
showing uninstall progress, so move top window to the side
- click OK on
window that states install is complete .